Friday 1 August 2008

How To Draw a Mo-Bot

Here's how!

Okay, there's a bit of a jump between the last two steps.

It's kind of the abbreviated version, I left out all the stuff about gradient overlays and clipping masks and using about 1,000 layers in Photoshop, as I wouldn't want to scare the kids.

This is available as a download on the DFC website. If anyone has a go, by all means send me your efforts!

Thanks to everyone who's gotten in touch to say nice things about Mo-Bot High, my story which finished its initial nine-week run in The DFC last week. I'm enormously glad that people seem to have enjoyed it, and don't worry, there's plenty more to come. I'm hard at work one Season 2 as I type... actually, I'm not hard at work, I'm pootling about writing this blog. Obviously.

I should get back to work.

2 comments:

  1. It's step 4.5 where the tricky stuff happens, though...

    It always used to drive me mad as a child who liked "how to draw" instructions that that final stage always seemed a big jump ahead of the penultimate one and I could never see how to get there!

    I was a very literal child. I'm sure todays kids have no problems making stuff up!

    ReplyDelete