Monday 22 March 2010

Streetfighter II

SF2 DLC4 boxless

Here's a pic I drew yesterday for #DLC4, the latest instalment of a monthly (?) twitter art jam organised by the incomparable Rusty Shackles. The idea was a bunch of artists on twitter all coming up with new artwork / game boxes for their favourite videogames. Go check out the hashtag, there's some fantastic work on there, including my particular favourite from Benjamin Birdie. I didn't think I'd have time to join in on this one, but you know what? Sometimes it is okay to draw things just for fun.

Here's the finished version, complete with nostalgia-inducing SNES game box:

SF2 DLC4 inks 600px

In the interests of full disclosure, I should point out that Streetfighter 2 is probably not actually my favourite game of all time - that honour belongs to either Super Mario World or Twister, Mother of Charlotte (don't ask). But it was what I felt like drawing so nah nah nah.

This was actually the first thing I've tried flatting / colouring using Manga Studio, and I have to say it was a bit of a revelation. After I finished drawing this I then got to spend a couple of hours watching Dave Gibbons demonstrate how he works in MS, and learning some cool new tricks, and all in all I have to say I'm pretty much sold on the new version, and can't wait to start using it to create some comics.

And on that note, I had better go do just that.

Bloggy bonus: here's the original pencil sketch.

SF2 DLC4 pencils 600px

No comments:

Post a Comment