Wednesday 4 August 2010

Japan Manga Diary, 2006

I was talking to some people at Caption - which I really am going to blog about properly one of these days - last weekend, and I mentioned this strip I drew for NEO magazine back in 2006, about a trip Di and I took to Japan. Anyway, it occurred to me that it's not on my website or anything, so I reproduce it here for posterity. The idea was to do a mix of 'humourous travel writing' with some actual vaguely useful bits of information. But, you know, as a comic.

I'm afraid that the lettering is at the lower end of legibile-size in this reproduction, but hopefully you should get the gist.

japan diary 01
japan diary 02
japan diary 03
japan diary 04
japan diary 05
japan diary 06

...ah, that takes me back. I remember staying up all night to finish this off for deadline - you can maybe see it gets a little rushed towards the end there. And this was back when I had a proper job in the daytime and everything. I seem to recall not being particularly useful the next day.

Anyway, there you go. I'd love to do more stuff like this. Look for the book-length blockbuster sequel, coming - well, whenever we can afford to go on holiday again.

So, not for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment