Saturday 16 June 2012

Art Monkey and the Wall of Awesomeness


Hey, I just wanted to alert you to this week's issue of The Phoenix, which features a brand new 4-page story by me, the first ever instalment of... Art Monkey Adventures! That's right, those nice editor chaps gave Professor Panels, Art Monkey and me a week off from trying to be 'instructive' and 'educational' and gave us a welcome shot at just being 'really, really silly'. Anyway, it's about as much fun as I've had drawing anything, ever, so I just hope you enjoy it half as much. Oh, you know what? I'm even going to give you a peek at the first page, for free. THAT IS HOW NICE I AM.

Click for bignesss!

It's an insanely great issue all round, actually - there's a new instalment of Ben Haggarty and Garen Ewing's beautiful and super gripping The Bald Boy and The Dervish, a brand new story for Zak Simmonds-Hurn's hugely engaging Sky Drifters, and a simply wonderful cover and two-page Gary's Garden strip by Gary Northfield, as well as all the usual brilliance from Smart, Brown, Murphy, Etherington et al that you might reasonably expect.

Hey, while I'm here talking about the Prof and the Monkey, you've still got a couple of weeks to get your entries in the grand Phoenix complete-the-cover contest! I'm amazed and delighted by what I've seen from the entries sent in so far - here are a couple more pics nicked from the Phoenix twitter stream...


Giant jelly babies!


 Ghost Prof Panels!


An actual, literal WALL OF AWESOMENESS.

AND while I'm on the subject, go check out these exciting blog posts by m'colleague Sarah McIntyre about a fantastic new comics festival coming to London on 30 June. I shall be posting more about it in a couple of days, so consider this your Awesomeness Advance Warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment