Thursday 21 November 2013

Thought Bubble 2013



I'm going to be at Leeds' Thought Bubble comics festival this weekend and I am super excited for it! How excited? So excited I am missing Doctor Who for it and I don't even care!* I had a metric ton of fun last year so I'm really looking forward to doing it again. Here is where and when I can be found!

Saturday 23rd November

12pm - HOW TO DRAW (AWESOME) ROBOTS workshop at Playful Leeds table (Tables 63-64, Royal Armouries Hall)
2pm - PERILOUS PIRATES workshop at The Phoenix Comic table (Tables 53-57, Royal Armouries Hall)






Sunday 24th November

10:40am - COMICS FOR EVERYONE panel - Speech Bubble Panel Area, Armouries Square,
12pm - HOW TO DRAW (AWESOME) ROBOTS workshop at Playful Leeds table (Tables 63-64, Royal Armouries Hall)
3:30pm DANGEROUS DINOSAURS workshop at The Phoenix Comic table (Tables 53-57, Royal Armouries Hall)

**EDIT: Here's some info about the panel I'm appearing on Sunday Morning, from Matt Badham who'll be moderating it! **


Thought Bubble is my favourite comics convention, writes Matt Badham, and so I'm very pleased to be hosting a panel there on Sunday 24th November at 10.40am.

The panel is called 'Comics For Everyone' and I think it's going to be great. Here's its description from the Thought Bubble website:

We here at Thought Bubble believe that comics should be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of their age, and that great kids' comics should be read by everyone! So if you're a young comic fan, or one who never grew up, and want to hear about some great stories to read, please come along and get the low-down from some of the best creators out there!

Well, I don't know about you but that's sounds to me like THE. BEST. PANEL. EVER!

(I might be slightly biased…)

Especially as those aforementioned creators are Neill Cameron, Meredith Gran, Nathan Fox, Roger Langridge and Maris Wicks.

(Seriously, make sure you check out their work even if you don't make the panel. It's fab.)

I hope to see you (yes, you!) on Sunday for what I think is going to be a fascinating panel, at which you'll get tons and tons of recommendations of groovy comics to read. (What could be better than that?) Please come along. It's gonna be a blast (as is the whole convention)!
Matt Badham
Freelance Writer





...sounds good, right? Come along!

In between times I will probably be hanging out at either / or the Phoenix and Playful Leeds tables. Here's a map showing the layout of the family area, courtesy of Daniel Clifford of Art Heroes UK:



Come say hello!



*.. OH, I CARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment